A choice of eighteen holiday cottages to sleep from 2 to 10 guests, with lake or woodland views, on a beautiful country estate on the western shores of Lake Windermere. The cottages are a wonderful destination all year round for a family holiday or a getaway with friends in the English Lake District.
Graythwaite is great for children, an estate set in 5,000 acres to treat as a private adventure playground : open spaces to run around, traffic-free cycle tracks, heated indoor swimming pool, table tennis room, and a children's play area. And for adults there's a fitness suite, and fly fishing on our 2.5 acre private trout lake, stocked with wild brown trout and rainbow trout.
The cottages have been renovated to a high standard, with fully-equipped kitchens and modern bathrooms. Each has its special character, ranging from hillside hideaways, to exclusive lakeside locations, to original estate cottages and barn conversions on the Victorian farmstead located close to Graythwaite Hall. All cottages at Graythwaite have free wifi, apart from Hammerhole and Hullet Hall. We still have free wifi for these cottages at the reception.
All cottages have central heating and most have open fires. We pride ourselves on improving the experience year on year to make your stay at Graythwaite truly special and memorable.
The facilities available on the Graythwaite Estate for our guests include:
- Heated indoor swimming pool
- Children’s play area
- Picnic and bbq areas and facilities
- Office and WIFI areas to do focussed work if required
- Visits around the famous Graythwaite gardens
- Use of gym and table tennis facilities
- 5,000 acres for you to treat as your very own private adventure playground
- Traffic-free cycle tracks run throughout the estate grounds.
- Fly fishing is available on our 2.5 acre private trout lake, stocked with wild brown trout and rainbow trout.
As well as the wide range of activities on Graythwaite we are pleased to offer you the following services to make your stay even more special:
- Graythwaite can provide maps and recommendations for walks on the estate and within the local area.
- Milk and provisions from Town End Farm can be delivered to your door step 3 times a week during your stay.
- Delicious welcome packs from The Honey Pot in Hawkshead can be ordered to be delivered for your arrival. Graythwaite guests are treated to a 10% discount on all orders
- We’ve teamed up with The Lakes Catering Company who will remove the stress of shopping, preparing and cooking, so you can enjoy a delicious seasonal home cooked meal, delivered straight to your holiday cottage without lifting a finger.
- Exclusive 15% discount for Graythwaite guests at Go Ape and Grizedale Mountain Bike hire
- Enjoy a 15% discount at Lakeside Hotel & Spa - another exclusive offer for Graythwaite guests only.
- Canoeing, canoe hire, bushcraft, climbing, guided walks and other adventurous activities can all be arranged - just let us know what you’d like to do and we’ll take care of it..
- Graythwaite can provide you with our pick of the best local pubs and restaurants for you to enjoy.
- There are numerous places of interest within the surrounding area, and we can provide a list of “things to do and see” whilst staying with us.
To learn more about how we can make your holiday please call 01539 531248